If you are already a delegate, please complete the pre-course questionnaire - click here
The Advanced Laparoscopic Training Online Programme is the ultimate web based solution to training in Minimally Invasive Gynaecological Surgery.
The ALTO is a 8 week programme for registrars and consultants in Gynaecology wishing to extend their laparoscopic experience and improve their skills in intracorporeal suturing.
Each delegate will be provided the Inovus Medical® pyxus® Pro Move laparoscopic training package for the duration of the programme and will be expected to attend all seven Zoom based online modules of the programme and complete the web based tasks by online video submission.
All delegates will also be expected to attend a Minimally Invasive Gynaecological Surgery Masterclass at the University Hospitals of North Midlands normally held twice a year.
As a delegate you will also receive lifetime membership to the ALTO Programme's members area on the website which boasts a comprehensive library of surgical videos and course material.
Register your interest to be one of our delegates!
Our first group of delegates have completed The ALTO Programme. Please register your interest for the second round here.
The applications are reviewed on a first come first served basis.
There are anticipated to be up to three rounds a year.
Our next round begins on the 25th of March, 2021
- Thu, Mar 25Zoom tutorial with Mr Misra and Mr Khan
- Thu, Apr 01Zoom tutorialApr 01, 5:20 PM – 7:00 PMZoom tutorialThis online tutorial will cover the nuances of tubal surgery and detailed anatomy of the Fallopian tube and its anatomical relations. You will be supervised whilst completing the practical exercise on the salpingectomy model provided in the laparoscopic simulator package.
- Thu, Apr 08Zoom tutorialApr 08, 5:20 PM – 7:00 PMZoom tutorialThe ultimate step at the end of a total laparoscopic hysterectomy - vaginal cuff closure is a critical component of a hysterectomy, with many variations in surgical technique and materials. You will be supervised whilst completing the practical exercise on the vaginal cuff model provided.
- Thu, Apr 15Zoom tutorialApr 15, 6:20 PM – 7:00 PMZoom tutorialThis tutorial will cover the details of how a minimally invasive hysterectomy is performed. Drawing on years of practical experience, the procedure can be condensed into 10 essential steps. During your tutorial, each step will be carefully explained and important tips and tricks will be shared.
- Thu, Apr 22Zoom tutorial
- Thu, Apr 29Zoom tutorial
- Thu, May 06Zoom webinar with Colin SimpsonMay 06, 6:20 PM – 10:20 PMZoom webinar with Colin SimpsonA range of energy sources are used in minimally invasive gynaecological surgery. These energy sources include monopolar electrosurgery, bipolar electrosurgery and various ultrasonic and hybrid technologies. Colin Simpson will update us with regards to new and emerging energy sources and generators.